- Clark Fork River Technical Assistance Committee
CFRTAC is a volunteer citizens’ organization whose mission is to help residents make informed choices and participate in the Superfund remediation, restoration and redevelopment of the Clark Fork River and its affected communities from Butte to Missoula. As an EPA-designated technical advisory group, CFRTAC has been involved in the Clark Fork River watershed for more than 15 years.
The PitWATCH website features comprehensive, up-to-date information about the Berkeley Pit and associated Superfund issues.
- Clark Fork Watershed Educatin Program (CFWEP)
The Clark Fork Watershed Education Program (CFWEP) has been a leading provider of environmental and restoration education programs and services in western Montana since 2005.
- Arrowhead Foundation | Anaconda Superfund TAG
The EPA Technical Assistance Group (TAG) for the Anaconda Smelter Superfund sites.
- Montana Natural Resource Damage Program
The Natural Resource Damage Program (NRDP) was created in 1990 to prepare the state’s lawsuit against the Atlantic Richfield Co. (ARCO) for injuries to the natural resources in the Upper Clark Fork River Basin (UCFRB).
- Clark Fork Coalition
Founded in 1985, the Clark Fork Coalition is dedicated to protecting and restoring the Clark Fork River basin, a 22,000-square-mile area draining western Montana and northern Idaho.
- Opportunity Citizens’ Protection Association (OCPA)
A community group based in Opportunity, Montana, dedicated to preserving the health of their community and ensuring that contamination from the nearby BP-ARCO Waste Repository is safely contained.
- Science, Society & Superfund : A Social History of America’s Largest Superfund Site
Information on Superfund site history for the Butte area from Montana Tech Professor and Superfund scholar Dr. Pat Munday.
- Silver Bow Creek/Butte | Region 8 | US EPA
The official EPA website for the Silver Bow Creek/Butte area Superfund sites.
- Montana Pole | Region 8 | US EPA
The official EPA website for the Montana Pole Superfund site.
- Clark Fork River Operable Unit – US EPA Region 8 | Region 8 | US EPA
The official EPA website for the Clark Fork River site.
- Milltown Reservoir Sediments/Clark Fork River | Region 8 | US EPA
The official EPA website for the Milltown site.
- Anaconda Co. Smelter | Region 8 | US EPA
The official EPA website for the Anaconda Smelter site.
- Butte Restoration Alliance
The Butte Restoration Alliance is a citizens’ advisory group formed by Butte-Silver Bow County to provide input and prioritization for the restoration and redevelopment of Butte.
- Butte Citizens for Preservation and Revitalization (CPR)
Butte CPR sponsors educational events, highlighting the importance, preservation, and maintenance of Butte’s historic architecture and gives grants and awards to owners of residential and commercial buildings, increasing public awareness of outstanding renovation efforts, and publishes educational booklets and pamphlets.
- Montana DEQ Clark Fork River Operable Unit Website
The official Montana Department of Environmental Quality website for the Clark Fork River Operable Unit.
- Montana DEQ Silver Bow Creek Website
The official Montana Department of Environmental Quality website for Silver Bow Creek.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
The main EPA website.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region VIII
The website for EPA Region VIII, which includes Montana.
anaconda arco atlantic richfield bp bp-arco british petroleum butte cercla clark fork river cleanup community engagement consent decree ctec decision deer lodge engagement epa glossary health study lead map media milltown mine waste missoula montana news nrdp operable unit operable units photos potentially responsible party priority soils prp public comment public health public information record of decision response action restoration restoration plan rod silver bow creek superfund tailings